The blank you see is caused by a “space” that Weebly add to the text area. This issue usually happens more often if you are using FireFox or IE to edit your site. We would recommend to switch to using Chrome since we see a lot less of this issue occuring with Chrome Browser.
Once the tab have been collapsed, you have to reset before you can insert text again.
There are 2 ways to re-set a menu tab:
- Hover over the tab area and try to click into it. Even if you have a “jump” not to worry. Just start hitting “BACKSPACE” 4-5 times AND “DELETE” 4-5 times. Click out to any where in the page. If you see the dummy text “click here to edit” reappear the menu tab have been reset
- Start a new page. The content does not transfer so if you can’t get the tab to reset, you an start a new page and move your content to the new page
Here are some ways to prevent this from happening:
- Switch to Chrome Browser if you haven’t done so
- Do not delete all of your text and exit. Some browser will read this as a “space” can cause the issue. If you need to change the menu tab title, you can do so, but try to not leave it blank
- If you do need to delete a menu tab title and want to leave it blank, make sure you are using Chrome. Click into the tab and “Ctrl + A” to select all the text. Click on BACKSPACE” 4-5 times AND “DELETE” 4-5 times to ensure no spaces are left. Click out to any where in the page. If you see the dummy text “click here to edit” reappear the menu tab have been reset