1. Open TextEdit.
2. Choose Preferences from the TextEdit application menu.
3. Click open Open and Save section.
4. Set the following setting:
5. Save your changes and re-open your doc
1. Any data in TextEdit prior to taking these steps may contain rich text commands that become visible after the preference changes are made.
2. TextEdit may continue to render files saved from Web browsers as HTML Source, ignoring the preferences you have set. As a workaround (after following the steps above) view the source code in the Web browser and copy/paste the text into a new TextEdit document.